Saturday, December 15 2018
  • A Superego Cafe website
Amy Winehouse died after drinking too much alcohol

Amy Winehouse died after drinking too much alcohol

A second inquest has ruled that the singer Amy Winehouse drank herself to death. The hearing was told the star was more than five times the legal drink-drive limit when she died, having 416mg of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood in her system - the legal driving limit is 80mg. Dr Radcliffe, the Coroner, said the star died from alcohol toxicity, adding it was a level of alcohol commonly associated with fatality. She said Winehouse voluntarily consumed alcohol and added two empty vodka bottles were on the floor beside her bed when her body was discovered.